The 44th President

Well, as of this writing (11pm EST) it appears Barack Obama has been elected the 44th president of the United States of America. I'm watching the news, and there are HUGE crowds in different cities throughout the U.S. I'm not sure what to think.

I am more nervous about this election than I have been about any election I can remember. Granted, Bush was an atrocious president, and it is exciting that we are going to have our first black president (or at least, half black). I'm just hopeful that he does not fall down on all his promises and ruin the country.

There is some comfort in the status quo of "the old white guy" in the office of the president. It's done well for the past 200+ years, right?

Well, I guess we will have to see. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

It will be nice to get back to normal commercials and no more smear campaigns for at least a couple more years.

No comments: