You know, you can't please all the people all the time... and last night, all those people were at my show.
- Mitch Hedberg
I know how Mitch feels here. All you have to do is change the last part of that quote to "...in my ED." Seems like some days, it's not even worth getting out of bed to go to work, because noone is going to be happy anyway. I don't know how many times a day patients are complaining to me for one thing or another I cannot control or that is in no way my fault (and more likely is the result of their own lifestyle or decisions). Nevermind all the drug-seekers just looking for a fix... won't even go there.
On a cool note, I did get a nice card and small gift from the family of a patient I took care of. Very nice young kid who was in a car accident and had a bad head injury. Very unfortunate, and we were unsure of how he was going to do. They said he was getting better and recovering nicely, which is always good to hear. Hopefully he has a good result from his therapy. I can't imagine being severely head injured and all the change that would make in my (and my wife's) life. How devastating that must be.
All the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment