Well, I've finished my first couple shifts in the Emergency department at my hospital. Pretty cool, I must say. Much better than hours of rounding - I saw some pretty sick people and I got to be the first person to diagnose them. Unlike on the floor or in Internal medicine where usually the diagnosis is given to you already.
So, am I still interested in Emergency medicine as a specialty - heck yeah.
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and New Year! I sure did. I was working like crazy around Christmas, but New Years Eve and Day I had off, which was nice. Another nice thing about the ED, the schedule is a lot nicer... instead of having 4 days off all month, I'll have closer to a dozen. That is much more manageable. My schedule manages to come out such that I have every weekend off and all my shifts are during the main part of the week - pretty darn sweet!
So far, the people I work with are pretty cool. I think the Unit Clerks like me anyway - that is a good starting point!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment