Well, I'm on trauma surgery, and I'm about as tired as I've been in months. Even on days off I'm tired.
My wife is in Ukraine this week. She went last year with her residency program on a 2 week trip to treat the orphans at several very poor orphanages over there. They decided to make an encore trip this year, but only for a week. She was excited to go, even though she felt awful last year when she went. She has been gone since last Saturday. I've been "bach'in" it since then...
Don't worry, all is well here, the cats miss her though, I think. They are kind of sulking around... :)
Last weekend, I went to visit some friends in Philadelphia. Had a lot of fun, just hanging out. Nothing too exciting, just a change in venue for a couple of days, which is all you need sometimes.
Now, back to work for the past few days. I'm on call this weekend. Alot. I'm talking Friday, then Sunday, then Tuesday. That is a lot of call in a very short period of time. I will be in the hospital every day for 12 days, and for about 30 hours at a time for 3 of those. That's what I call fun! The good news out of all of that, is after this last beat down, I won't have any more call for the rest of the month. A whole week, call free. Nice!
The fall is coming (finally), but summer is giving it one last go-round. It was in the 90s this last weekend, with humidity probably about the same. Fortunately, the temperature has been a bit more moderate so far this week, and we are only hitting into the 70s, with 50s in the morning. The hospital has already turned on the heaters, though, so it is just as balmy as ever at work :(
Ok, I think I'm going to head to bed soon, so I can hopefully begin to catch up on some of the sleep I feel that I've been missing and not be so worn out tomorrow.
I have to start working on a lecture for next month. I'm giving a lecture on pharyngitis and LeMierre's disease. Google it if you're curious. This will be my 4th lecture this year, with several more to come, I am sure. I don't mind. I have a harder time finding funny videos to share with the class before the lecture. I always try to have a video if I can. A little fun, before the boredom sets in, so to speak. So far, they have gone swimmingly and everyone has enjoyed the videos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment