Well, it may have finally happened.
I had to rush my computer to the hospital today (aka Best Buy) because I may have caused a catastrophic failure of some major system this morning when I was updating drivers and such.
That'll teach me to do that, right?
What happened was, as I said above, I was updating drivers and as always, Windows XP said it wanted to reboot the system. I, being the good person I am, let the system reboot. When the system tried to come back up, however, I got the awful Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) and the system automatically re-rebooted. When the computer tried to reboot (again) I got a message that there was an error.
No matter what I tried (for at least 3 hours), I could not get the computer to act correctly. Finally, I decided to just wipe the computer clean and restart from the rescue DVD - but it wouldn't even boot from the Rescue disk. Finally, that was the last straw and I decided to take the computer back to the "doctor."
That was more than 4 hours ago. They said they would call me in an hour or so when I took it in... nothing yet. I may have crashed that system for good. :(
I'll keep you posted as the news comes in to me.
Oh, and BTW, I'm typing this on my OLD notebook - the one that broke when I bought the one noted above - and I revived it and now it works like a champ!
On Linux, even!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment