Ok, here is my first entry in my new blog. The myspace blog bothered me.
I've almost survived my first month of internship. From what I've been hearing, people have been impressed with my work. I've heard from several residents that "people" are saying good things about me. That makes me happy - I'm just trying to do the best job I can. It is good to be appreciated.
I've had some very difficult patients - we've diagnosed several people with cancer and many have gone home on hospice. I've learned a lot, though. There are some very sick patients here. It's really crazy.
We had a new attending a couple weeks ago. He seemed pretty scared - he came in the day before he was to start and as we rounded on our patients, he kept asking, "where is the community acquired pneumonia? where is the sinusitis?" It was funny. I don't think he expected the level of illness we see at Geisinger. Of course, I wasn't exactly ready for it either, but I'm getting much more comfortable.
Of course, now that I'm comfortable, we're changing services. Next month I think I'm working in a surgery clinic. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I'll find out pretty soon, I guess.
Anyway, I'm post-call today. I worked all night and this morning, then came home and only took about a two hour nap, so I'm a bit tired and grumpy.
I'm peacing out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment